The Association offers members and supporters of the burial & cremation industry professional industry services to enhance the operations, development, network and information sharing within the industry.
ACCA empowers our members by exploring and developing new areas of expertise within the Cemetery and Crematoria industry. We support our members through regular communication via a range of publications and member updates.
As an industry body, ACCA promotes and facilitates the professional development of our members including the establishment of comprehensive Codes of Practice, Guidelines, Training Materials and Research Projects.
ACCA also actively promotes the Cemetery and Crematoria industry to governments, related industries, other countries and the Australian public.
ACCA delivers industry conferences and networking opportunities for the Cemetery and Crematoria industry and continues to develop ways to facilitate knowledge sharing across the industry.
We are always working on new innovation for the members and the benefits continue to grow with it.
At Eastern Suburb Memorial Park, the 29th April each year marks “Baby Lily Grace Awareness Day”, where a dawn service ceremony in memory of Baby Lily Grace (unknown Baby found at Maroubra Beach, November 2014), is held to honour and remember all our Nation’s unknown children.
Compassion – Respect – Understanding – Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
CLIENT SERVICES SITE COORDINATOR, WA
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal Australians, young people, women, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
This is an exciting professional opportunity for a Client Serivces Site Coordinator to join the Client Serivces team at the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB).
The ideal candidate will possess the necessary experience, skills and abilities to oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of Client Services team at Karrakatta Cemetery. In return, the MCB will provide a work environment that encourages innovation, recognises positive performance and provides employees with the opportunity to learn and expand on their experience and knowledge base.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. However, applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be offered a similar role as vacancies arise during the next 12 months.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of Client Services staff, based at Karrakatta Cemetery.
Duties of the role include:
• Coordinating the allocation of duties and staff rosters – including leave, training and monitoring staff development and skills, supervision, workflow management, quality control of work and performance management of staff.
• Providing leadership in managing effective customer service performance and attends to complex and sensitive client issues and challenging situations.
• Building staff capability, mentoring and coaching with an objective of having in place a flexible and multi-skilled workforce.
• Building, maintaining and sustaining collaborative communication and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, other government agencies and families.
• Working closely with the Marketing Manager on various products and service opportunities, and providing input into the development of new products, services and publications.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE MCB
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
• Full-time opportunities
• Uniforms for frontline staff
• Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
• 9.5% employer contribution superannuation
• Free staff parking
• A culture based on values of understanding, compassion, respect, and integrity
• Rewarding and challenging work roles
• Training and development opportunities
• Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
• Employee Assistance program
• Active Social Club
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR – WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
The successful applicant will have:
• Experience within a customer service environment where understanding, sensitivity and tact are requirements.
• Management experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of general Human Resource Management policies, processes and systems.
• Ability to interpret and apply legislative requirements.
• Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills together with the ability to liaise and negotiate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to solve problems of a complex nature.
• Ability to plan, priorities and organise workloads to ensure goals and objectives are achieved within agreed timeframes.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Ms Andrea Duff on (08) 9383 5248.
Please go to https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=206119 to view the Job Description form.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au.
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years. The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
You must submit all of the following before the closing date to be considered for an interview:
• An up-to-date resume that clearly outlines your past work experience, knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
• A covering letter no more than 2-3 pages (A4 size) outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the position, and how well you meet each of the Work Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) listed above.
Apply online by going to
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.