The Association offers members and supporters of the burial & cremation industry professional industry services to enhance the operations, development, network and information sharing within the industry.
ACCA empowers our members by exploring and developing new areas of expertise within the Cemetery and Crematoria industry. We support our members through regular communication via a range of publications and member updates.
As an industry body, ACCA promotes and facilitates the professional development of our members including the establishment of comprehensive Codes of Practice, Guidelines, Training Materials and Research Projects.
ACCA also actively promotes the Cemetery and Crematoria industry to governments, related industries, other countries and the Australian public.
ACCA delivers industry conferences and networking opportunities for the Cemetery and Crematoria industry and continues to develop ways to facilitate knowledge sharing across the industry.
We are always working on new innovation for the members and the benefits continue to grow with it.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Part-time – 4 days a week).
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) Western Australia.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal Australians, young people, women, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
This is an exciting professional opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join the Executive team at the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB).
The ideal candidate will possess the necessary experience, skills and abilities to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive Officer, the MCB Board, Directors and senior members of staff as appropriate. In return, the MCB will provide a work environment that encourages innovation, recognises positive performance and provides employees with the opportunity to learn and expand on their experience and knowledge base.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. However, applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process could be offered a similar role as vacancies arise during the next 12 months.
ABOUT THE JOB
Duties of the role include:
- Receiving and screening incoming telephone calls for the Chief Executive Officer and attends to enquiries as required.
- Assisting in maintaining the Chief Executive Officer’s diary, arranging appointments and scheduling meetings as required.
- Provides administrative assistance in the preparation of the strategic and business plans.
- Assists with auditor data input, and the setting up and running of risk management reports in preparation for risk and strategic plan dashboard reports.
- Maintains the corporate calendar to ensure timelines are met in the business cycle and for statutory reporting in compliance with Government and legislative requirements.
- Preparing routine travel proposals and arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and conference and seminar bookings for Board members, Corporate Executive and other staff as required.
- Collecting, tracking, filing and prepares routine correspondence and documents for the Chief Executive Officer on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the arrangements for meetings, workshops, functions and events on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer, Board and Directors, and organises catering as required.
- Coordinating and consolidating agendas and papers for the Board, Committees, Corporate Executive, Directors and other meetings as directed.
- Minute taking and producing Actions Arising from meetings as required.
- Undertaking administrative research projects as required.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE MCB
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
- Part-time opportunities
- Flexible start and finish times
- Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
- Employer contribution superannuation of 9.5%
- A culture based on values of understanding, compassion, respect, and integrity
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
- Employee Assistance program
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR – WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in providing administrative and secretarial support at a senior executive level.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to internal and external clients at all levels.
- Well developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to set and meet work priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Sound written communication skills, including the ability to take minutes and prepare a broad range of documents.
- Ability to use initiative and deal with confidential issues in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Sound research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in organising functions and making travel arrangements for senior managers or senior executive officers.
- Commitment to ethical decision making.
- Experience in reading and understanding relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Ms Daniela Johnson on (08) 9383 5213 during office hours (not to be contacted regarding how to apply for this vacancy).
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au
Australian Permanent Residency status is a minimum for permanent appointments to the WA Public Sector.
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years.
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
To find out what you need to submit in order to apply for this vacancy, please go to https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=212439
Please note* Applications close: 4.00 pm 13 November 2017 WST.
No late applications will be accepted.