Code of Ethics
The members of the Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association Ltd shall:
- Provide burial and/or cremation services in an exemplary and dignified manner
- Acknowledge and respect the importance to the bereaved and the community of:
- burial and cremation services
- cemeteries and crematoria and memorial gardens
- monuments and memorials
- Be conscious of the diverse religious, ethnic and cultural background of the community, and considerate of requests to cater for special needs.
- Reflect the value of the services provided by their respective cemetery / crematorium / memorial gardens in the fees which are charged, and not encourage any person to commit themselves beyond their financial resources.
- Encourage the continued development and exchange of knowledge, skill and expertise by members of the Association.
- Conduct their respective cemetery / crematorium / memorial gardens in accordance with the Guidelines of this Association to bring credit to the profession.
- Not engage in any conduct or action which may damage the image of the profession or unjustifiably detract from the good name of the Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association or a fellow member.
Please click here to download the ACCA Code of Ethics
Code of Conduct
The Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association (ACCA) values its tradition of integrity, responsibility and fair dealing. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards in our dealings with members, the community and in the services we provide.
This Code of Conduct has been developed to assist Board Members and Staff in achieving these standards and in providing guidelines for making day-to-day decisions. Our Members are entitled to expect that:
- The business of the Board will be conducted with efficiency, impartiality and integrity;
- Members of Staff will obey the spirit and letter of the law, particularly in relation to all relevant statutes, regulations and instruments;
- Members of staff will act with dignity and respect in all their dealings on behalf of ACCA;
- Duty to the members will always have absolute priority over the private interests of Board Members and Staff.
Please click here to download the ACCA Code of Conduct