WHAT ACCA DOES
ACCA acts as a voice for our members as the core of the Cemetery & Crematoria Industry. We represent our members on a national level through liaison with Government bodies, industry suppliers, media and the community.
ACCA is there for the members and provides opportunity to enhance the industry through participation in learning & development, networking and information sharing. We hold a library of information to assist our members on the day to day management of a Cemetery or Crematorium. We also provide a dispute management service to the community and help our members meet the expectations of the public through an accountability process.
ACCA encourages best practice within the industry through the development of industry guidelines, benchmarking and collecting key industry statistics. We actively seek ways in which we can raise the profile of the Cemetery & Crematoria Industry through media coverage and government liaison. We encourage positive working relationships with industry suppliers and offer our members an industry exhibition annually.
ACCA keeps the communication and information sharing open. We produce ACCA News industry journal with a complimentary copy circulated to our ordinary members and a strong subscription list of other recipients. Our monthly communique updates our members on ACCA’s representation, changes within the industry and gives our sponsors opportunity to promote their products.
ACCA continues to look at ways in which we can increase benefits to our members and support the industry. We are currently exploring a number of opportunities and communicate the progress of all new innovations to our members regularly.
The Australasian Cemeteries & Crematoria Association (ACCA) is a non-for-profit professional organisation that exists to provide leadership, professional services and communication to the Cemetery and Crematoria industry and its affiliates. As an ACCA member you will receive the following:
- Part of a National body empowered as a voice for industry lobbying
- Copy of ACCA News issued quarterly
- Opportunity to advertise goods and services in the ACCA News publication
- Opportunity to submit editorials and industry notifications in the ACCA News publication
- Opportunity for a detailed description of your organisation on the website
- Access to Member contact details for organisations throughout Australasia
- Access to Cremation & Memorialisation brochures
- Access to exclusive Member login section of website
- Membership to exclusive rewards program offering a wide range of discounts
- A certificate acknowledging your status as an ACCA member
- Discounted registration fees to the industry respected Annual Conference and Mid-Year Seminar
- Networking with other ACCA Members for the sharing of ideas and industry assistance
- Access to cross-border information and events via ACCA’s ‘reciprocal arrangements’ with State Associations
- Professional development and access to training opportunities
- Media liaison and media statement access
- Access to Codes Conduct and Industry Best Practice Policies
- Access to environmental and technical guidelines
- Advice on specific industry issues
- Information Help Desk available
- Access to industry benchmarking and statistics
- Access to ACCA logo branding
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting or other extraordinary meetings for Ordinary Members
- Opportunity to be involved in a range of sub-committees and projects
- Opportunity to seek lobbyist support from the Association
- Opportunity to become a Member of the Board of Directors’ for Ordinary Members
- Opportunity to have input and an active role in the ACCA Strategic Plan